Start: Summer 2017
Duration: 6 / 12 months
We are Ratio. We're a software company. We build applications and websites aimed at making things easier, quicker and/or more simple. We’ve made a designer underwear subscription service called Briefd, that enables gentlemen to automatically update their underwear drawers with zero effort. We’ve made an artificial intelligence engine called Remora, that figures out when web visitors get bored and changes their online experience to make it more interesting. We’ve also made a jargon-free, easy-to-use price comparison website called Choose Wisely, that makes it easy to compare important things.
We’re looking for a talented law undergraduate who will work as a legal intern and provide leadership and support on legal and regulatory matters relevant to our group of internet-based businesses. The role will require you to work from Ratio HQ in Bournemouth as part of our Commercial Team and report directly into the CEO and COO. To be clear, this internship involves little or no tea making. You will not be sent to buy lunch. You’ll be given an opportunity to play a key role at a fast-growing digital startup and will be expected to deliver results.
You’ll be responsible for establishing choosewisely.co.uk as an authority in the legal and regulatory matters that impact consumers and businesses across the financial services sector. You’ll be expected to shape product design, customer experience and create compelling content for consumers. You’ll conduct research, gather data and act on a variety of issues. You’ll communicate your observations and findings with colleagues, external advisors, trade bodies, non-governmental organisations and regulators.
In addition to strong academic and impeccable presentation skills; a good cultural fit is vital to us. We’ll expect you to be articulate, bright, outgoing, have a meticulous eye for detail and be excited by the idea of playing an important strategic role at a growing startup.
- 6 / 12 month legal internship
- £16k pa + benefits
- No experience necessary but we’re looking for promising law undergraduates
- You need to be a special person with a track record of achievement
- If you represent a recruitment agency, invest your time elsewhere, please
- A great working environment located in the heart of Bournemouth
- A top-spec laptop or desktop to work on and an OS of your choice
- Free fruit, snacks, cake, bacon, drinks and subsidised lunch
- Regular staff socials, conferences and community events
- Subsidised gym membership to work all that off
Apply through Workable → https://weareratio.workable.com/jobs/333997